The Boston Yoga School Yoga Studies program is for the avid yoga student looking to learn and those considering a career as a yoga teacher. Because many modern yogis wish to study yoga without teaching, we split the program into two modules.
Module one, spread over seven weekends, encompasses a thorough study into the history, philosophy and anatomy of yoga. Module two, spread over five weekends, will focus primarily on cultivating the ability to teach yoga with confidence, intelligence and ease. Those who have completed a 200-hour training elsewhere or have Ame's permission may enroll in just module two.
I am thrilled and humbled to be assisting in this program alongside so many wonderful and influential yoga teachers.
Applicants must have a consistent and dedicated yoga practice. The curriculum is designed to enrich one’s understanding of yoga through classroom study (lecture & practice), reading & writing assignments and time spent with resourceful and gifted teachers. If accepted, students should be prepared to steep themselves in yoga for the duration of the program, both within the scheduled hours and outside of the classroom.
MODULE 2 TOPICS:
- Yoga Sequencing: How to be Safe & Smart & Build a Template
- Anatomy for Yoga Teachers: Learning to See & be Embodied
- Training Your Voice and Aligning Your Words
- Sanskrit 101
- Practice Teaching & Feedback
- Get Your Hands on Them: Effective Adjustments & Energetic Assisting
- Business of Yoga & Getting Gigs
- Student-Teacher Dynamics and Holding Space
- Avoiding Burn-Out & the Ongoing Practice of Svadyhaya
- A steady and consistent yoga practice
- Attendance at all training dates (exceptions/arrangements may be made for previously scheduled travel, illness or emergencies)
- Willingness to cultivate a meditation practice for the duration of the training
- Completion of all written assignments and ability to demonstrate knowledge produced by reading assignments by the end of the training
To receive a certificate of completion, students must showcase their understanding of the material covered by completing all hours and outside assignments as well as passing a final exam. In addition to the many hours you will spend with Ame & Brenna, this program also offers an opportunity to study with many of Boston and New York’s finest teachers in a small setting. There will be ample practice time and you can expect to learn a lot. In addition, this program is a community. You will be immersed in yoga alongside other like-minded individuals.
SCHEDULE: Saturdays, 9:30 AM - 7 PM & Sundays, 11:30 AM - 7 PM
- June 2 - 3, 2018
- June 16 - 17, 2018
- July 14 - 15, 2018
- August 25 - 26, 2018
- September 8 - 9, 2018